Re: [LAU] [OT] Re: bitwig announcement

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jan 16 2012 - 18:27:13 EET

On 01/16/2012 02:55 PM, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:

>>> we have the same proverb in german. funny to hear it works in russian,
>>> too :)
>>
>> The Dutch version would be more like 'frying in your own fat'. :-)
>>

> Or 'cooking in your own foam' (in je eigen sop gaarkoken).

in popular (european) portuguese:
  "puxar o fogo ŕ sua própria sardinha"
which might be translated as
  "fire up its own sardines" (fish bbq)
although, as i read it, that's exactly the one and true fundamental role
of any PR.

now that you got me in the thread...

let me recall you of this curious short story of mine:

qtractor was original and intentionally all about to be a live clone in
the first place.

back then, there were a few who i've religiously confessed this secret
and they were all present during the lac2007@email-addr-hidden-berlin. yep, the one
which ableton ceo presided at the keynote panel

i've also predicted that it would become a reality in 3 years back then

well, sorry to tell, that didn't work out, yet :)

now later, incidentally, it come to my knowledge that during 2009 or so,
a few of former ableton devs went out and ventured on this bitwig project...

if you know me well, i'm bald. there's no wig that fits my taste
whatsoever. not even a bit xD

of course i'm subscribed to their beta program (or is it just a
newsletter? which i've not received a single copy yet) i hope my
cynicism doesn't live for long, but it's all pure PR and still
vapourware atm. there isn't any real juice to stew in, is it?

cheers y'all

--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc@email-addr-hidden