Re: [LAU] choir effect

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jan 16 2012 - 18:48:34 EET

Hello Renato1
   Here it doesn't sound distorted, but rather clean. I'd suggest adding a
chorus effect to each chain. the format is easy. You can either use the
"label" or the unique ID of a ladspa plugin. For purposes of typing, I find
the ID easiest. You can add something like this to each chains:
-eli:id,control_input_1,control_input_2,control_input_3,...
   As I said use either analyseplugin or any other means of determining inputs
and their value ranges. good choruses are the mentioned multivoice chorus from
the SWH suite or the mono chorus/phaser from CAPS (1767). You can also set
random values for parameter values. That might enhance the output sound.
   I'm not sure if a slight phase shift might help, nor do I know, what to use
for that. You can do the 180degrees with applying negative volume using the
-ea amplifier.
   It might also enhance your experience, if you have a stereo file and create
a stereo output and then distribute the sound in the stereo panorama, using
-epp:pan%, 0 is left, 100 is right, 50 is middle. You could either distribute
them evenly or again use some sort of random distribution. I was thinking, if
there is a way of generating a random Jensen distribution in Python, that
might be something. :-)
   Warmly yours
           Julien

Such Is Life: Very Intensely Adorable;