Re: [LAU] Tempo syncing Loomer Sequent

From: Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 20 2012 - 10:28:06 EET

On 01/20/12 08:28, Heikki Ketoharju wrote:
> Hi, list!
>
> I tested Loomer Sequent demo, and it looked quite a nice piece of
> software. Is there any Sequent users on the list to answer my
> questions?
>
> I want to use it on live situation and of course want it to syncronize
> with current tempo when needed. How this can be done? Does it support
> Jack Transport? (I think it doesn't but maybe I'm wrong?) I succeeded
> to sync it with JOST's global tempo, so at least it can take the host
> tempo. I tried also with Qtractor, but didn't work. Does Qtractor send
> the tempo information to Linux VST plugins? I have version 0.5.1
> installed.
>
> I'd like to sync Sequent with Jack Transport or alternatively midi
> clock received from another laptop running Ableton, so I guess I would
> need a plugin host that could receive tempo either from midi or from
> Jack Transport and emit it to the Sequent. Does Ardour support sending
> tempo information to Linux VST plugins? I know Ardour has a quite
> stable Jack Transport support, and I have used it as a live mixer
> sometimes.
>
> Heikki Ketoharju

Hello Heikki,

Afaik the Loomer plug-ins like Sequent and Cumulus have very basic JACK
transport support. It is on the the to-do list though of the dev. And I
recall when playing around with Cumulus and Qtractor that it was
actually working at some point. I inserted Cumulus (which resembles
Sequent a bit) as a MIDI plug-in and then it responded to JACK transport
messages in Qtractor 0.5.0. I recently tested again with 0.5.3 and then
it didn't work anymore. Also, Cumulus locks up my PC so I lost interest
for the moment (not specifically Cumulus related).
You can also ask your questions directly to the developer:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=141
The dev's nick is CPB.

Best,

Jeremy