Re: [LAU] [OT] no more LJ monthly articles

From: Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 20 2012 - 10:59:23 EET

On 01/19/12 01:13, Dave Phillips wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I've just received a notice from the Linux Journal that they will no
> longer be running my monthly articles. I know that some people on this
> list have enjoyed reading them, but alas, all things must end. I've been
> invited to contribute full-length articles to the digital edition, which
> I will do, but those articles will be available only to subscribers.
>
> I have given some thought to collecting all my LJ articles to date (12+
> years worth) and posting updated versions at linux-sound.org. However,
> the work is non-trivial - it takes considerable time to research and
> write those articles - and I have bills to pay. Other work for hire will
> necessarily take precedence, meaning I'll probably teach more and
> perform more often.
>
> So, I hope you've enjoyed my work for LJ. Thanks for the reads, I've
> enjoyed the writing.
>
> Best,
>
> dp

Hello Dave,

That's a bummer. I always loved reading your articles Mr Linux Audio!
Those articles were and are inspiring, very informative, well-written
and complete. Excellent reading material for either newbies or advanced
LAUdios. I'll miss them.
So thanks Dave, see you at LAC2013 hopefully, can't make it this year.

Best,

Jeremy