Re: [LAU] Hardware: Drum pad

From: Sebastian Moors <mauser@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 20 2012 - 19:49:28 EET

rosea.grammostola wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Not that I am a drummer, but not a real fan of midi editing either ;)
> So I need a hardware interface for the drums (something like the
> Roland octapad). Moreover I have thought about it and this is how I
> like to use the computer, as server of sounds, midi/audio record and
> mixing. For workflow an hardware interface is better I think.
>
> So searching for a drum pad now to use with LinuxSampler and probably
> Hydrogen (if it finally get stable with JACK).
>
> Any recommendations as it comes to touch, features, connection
> possibilities, brands etc.?
>
> Like I said, I am not a drummer, so it's gonna be pretty low budget I
> think.
The alesis "control pad" is a affordable and works out-of-the-box with a
USB connection. I've used it when i developed the midi action system for
hydrogen, so i used it more as a controller for actions (play, pause
etc) then for playing drums. But it has extra inputs for attaching other
triggers (like a bassdrum controller).
Hope that helps,
Sebastian