Re: [LAU] USB Mixers

From: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 29 2012 - 15:55:38 EET

Bob van der Poel wrote:
> I'm looking for a new mixer and wondering if I should bother with one
> of the USB units. [...]
> Now, I also see that they seem to use USB 2. Is that a linux problem?

Class-compliant devices work with Linux; most others can be made to do
streaming (mixer controls are another question).

Many devices actually run full speed (commonly understood as USB 1.x)
and are just compatible with USB 2 controllers.

> Here's one example:
>
> http://www.music123.com/Pro-Audio/Mixers/Unpowered-Mixers/XENYX-X1622USB-USB-Mixer-with-Effects.site7sku485372000000000.sku

The manual on Behringer's website says that it also runs with the
Windows built-in driver, so this one is USB 1.1 and works with Linux.

Regards,
Clemens