Re: [LAU] DC offset

From: Joel Roth <joelz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 01 2012 - 11:54:57 EET

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 09:09:46PM -1000, david wrote:
> On 01/30/2012 11:49 PM, thijs van severen wrote:
>
> >2012/1/31 david>
> >
> > On 01/30/2012 07:38 AM, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> >
> > BTW, regarding Audacity, the way it behaves w.r.t. Jack is
> > completely
> > wrong - those ports should exist as soon a the track is created.
> > Complain
> > to the Audacity developers !
> >
> > And the ports disappear when you hit Audacity's stop button.
> >
> >isn't this also the way that VLC has implemented jack ports ?
> >really annoying :-(
>
> I don't know - don't use VLC.
>
> Could session management tools be set up to react to the appearance
> of Audacity's ports (I think they're always named the same) and
> reconnect them?

There are related issues with Ecasound.

Configuring the audio engine and connecting the engine with
external resources are separate steps. JACK ports are
created in the second step. Once created, these ports
are maintained regardless of transport state.

For Nama, which uses Ecasound, I'm also hoping that session
management will help. Nama retains state information, such
as project name, that Ecasound does not.

Is there any movement to make JACK session tools available
to programs written in scripting languages? MMA, written
in Python for example, could also benefit...

-joel

--
Joel Roth