Re: [LAU] Multiple ICE1712 cards setup with jack2

From: Joe Hartley <jh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 01 2012 - 23:31:28 EET

On Wed, 01 Feb 2012 21:48:16 +0100
mn0 <mn0@email-addr-hidden-up.de> wrote:

> > Hope this helps, or at least gives you a starting point for troubleshooting.
> Oh yes, I found the shared IRQs and I know for certain, it's possible to
> use jack 1.9.7 with .asoundrc and two ICE1712.

While I agree that the Jack: JackGraphManager::AssertPort error would seem
to be some sort of pointer issue, odd things happen when the hardware
configuration is less-than-stable. Sharing an IRQ with both a SATA and
a USB controller sets up a situation where I can odd things happening.

Changing slots is one wat of getting a different IRQ; your motherboard
may also have a way of setting or reserving IRQs in its BIOS. I recall
having to try a few different slots before the cards got unique IRQs.

I did some searching, and found that you're not the only one with a
similar issue. This user had different hardware but very similar
errors: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1580566

One last thing to check, based on my searches - the AssertPort error
has been associated with some plugins. You haven't mentioned a client
program, so I'm not sure if jack dies before you can start one, or if
there's a correlation here. If the errors actually happen after you
start something like Ardour, I'd see what happens if you disable the
plugins. There are some that will absolutely hammer my system every
time I try to use them. They might be from the C* set, but I really
can't remember off the top of my head.