Re: [LAU] Multiple ICE1712 cards setup with jack2 -> get rid of xruns

From: Joe Hartley <jh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 03 2012 - 04:49:06 EET

On Fri, 03 Feb 2012 01:43:31 +0100
mn0 <mn0@email-addr-hidden-up.de> wrote:

> but when attempting to start jack, it complained a certain pid was using
> the soundcard.
> ps alx said it was - guess what - pulseaudio...

It was only because I have spent a lot of time in a naval town that I
have the vocabulary to say how very much I hate pulseaudio.

Even though I've been a big fan of the Fedora/PlanetCCRMA work over
the years, I ended up moving to ArchLinux to get away from the deep
embedding of PU.. I mean PA into Fedora.

I'm really happy to hear that it got solved, and even though the
IRQ conflict wasn't the big problem, your system's ultimately going
to be even more stable with the Deltas on their own IRQs.