Re: [LAU] HDSPM inputs

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 03 2012 - 12:15:32 EET

On Fri, Feb 03, 2012 at 10:57:36AM +0100, Miguel Negrao wrote:

> I have a RME HDSPM pci card. it has MADI in and MADI out connected to
> an RME ADI-628. The outputs are working well, but I cannot get
> anything in the inputs. The inputs appear in the RME ADI-648, but I
> can't see them in a jack app or with jack_meter. I have set the level
> to 100% to all channels in 'amixer' (which I believe are input and
> output joined). I'm I missing something ? What's the best way to test
> this ?

There are no gain controls on the inputs.

How is the whole system configured regarding clocks ? Normally
you'd set the ADI-648 to be master and the PCI card as slave.
You should have a green LED on the PCI card, and the Madi Sync
indicator on the ADI-648 should be green and not flashing.

What are you feeding into the ADI-648 ? Are those signals
routed to its MADI output ?

One test you could do is to configure the HDSPM as master,
loop the output back to itself, and measure with JAAA. This,
if it works, will also tell you the correct output gain which
is 1/2 of the maximum.

Maybe I can tell more if you do a 'alsactl store' and send
me the result.

Ciao,

--
FA
Vor uns liegt ein weites Tal, die Sonne scheint - ein Glitzerstrahl.