Re: [LAU] persisting jack connections (was DC offset)

From: Kjetil Matheussen <k.s.matheussen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 03 2012 - 20:27:09 EET

Rustom Mody:
> On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 7:41 PM, Daniel Worth <pipemanmusic@email-addr-hidden>
> wrote:
>

>> This is easily solved with qjacktl's patchbay. It's clients like
>> this that
>> it was designed for.
>>
>> http://www.rncbc.org/drupal/node/76
>>

> This looks very useful --- just what I was asking for.
>
> However...
>
> When I tried this a few days ago, firefox showed as
> alsa-jack.rawjackC(somenumber)
> and audacity showed as portaudio(something)

I'm not sure if I have followed all of the discussion. But if your
problem is to record firefox, it's not very difficult:

1. Start jack

2. Start pulseaudio using jack sinks:

       $ pulseaudio -L module-jack-sink -L module-jack-source

    [Automatically: Put "'sleep 5 &&
/home/kjetil/bin/startpulseaudio.sh' &" under
qjackctl->options->"execute scripts after startup",
     where "startpulseaudio.sh" is a script containing "pulseaudio -L
module-jack-sink -L module-jack-source"]

3. Start firefox

4. Play something

5. Record from jack, for instance using jack_capture, like this:

       $ jack_capture

    (no options!)