Re: [LAU] A little bit of EWI playing

From: Joan Quintana <joan_quintana@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 11 2012 - 02:09:23 EET

I have a Yamaha WX5 (from 8 years ago) and an AKAI EWI USB (just from a
month ago). Because I was not satisfied with the usability of the WX5 I
want to change to the EWI. I think that I can improve my level of
performance (after lots of hours of rehearsal, of course), and after
stuying with detail the instrument: 'delay' parameter for avoiding
glitches, alternate fingerings (I play with saxophone fingering)... at
the moment I rid of pitch bend, because I found difficult to be in tune.
 Changing from a saxophone to the EWI is not immediate.

I'm developing a project and if
 all goes well I will play it on stage, so to have confidence with the
instrument and to feel comfortable is the most. I will play the EWI USB
and not the standard saxophone because a part of music, the project is
about controlling visual effects and triggering sounds.

Joan Q

Yes, mine is the USB model, for controlling samplers and synths on my
computer. I have a similar device for bagpipes also called 'e-pipes'.