Re: [LAU] harmonySEQ 0.16

From: Harry van Haaren <harryhaaren@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 11 2012 - 02:28:54 EET

On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 8:25 PM, Rafał Cieślak <rafalcieslak256@email-addr-hiddenail.com>wrote:

> Note that harmonySEQ uses OSC

Good stuff, I'm an OSC fan myself :)

The supported messages include:

[snip]
Good stuff, all essential functionality for integrating Luppp & HarmonySeq
is available :)

/harmonyseq/sync - forces harmonySEQ to stop playing the current bar
> and immediately skip to the next one - useful for synchronization

I'm a little confused on how this is a very useful event to send: If I send
it as Luppp goes on to the next bar, it may only be recieved when
HarmonySeq *is* already on the next bar, and then HarmonySeq will skip a
bar...

A nasty hack would be to wait until on the 1st beat of the bar, then send
the /sync and hope that they stay in sync after that... I'm not really sure
how to fix this properly... do you have any ideas? :)

/harmonyseq/event T - triggers OSC event with tag T (integer), and
> executes actions bound to it.

These are arbitrary "tag" numbers right? It would be great if there was a
"pre defined" set of tags that I could code Luppp to send, and then
HarmonySeq would respond in the same manner each time.

For now a workaround would be to create an OSC tag for each of the Scenes
in Luppp, and that OSC tag will enable disable the state of HarmonySeq to
perform the part that is needed.

I've got the OSC sending in Luppp pretty much implemented, just the sync is
a show stopper at the moment. I'd like to get this fixed promptly :D -Harry