Re: [LAU] Time to move along

From: Hartmut Noack <zettberlin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Feb 12 2012 - 09:01:22 EET

Am 11.02.2012 22:57, schrieb Jeremy Jongepier:
> Remixing Leigh's (Pneuman) track is simply taking me too long and the
> baby's due next week so I'm just releasing this remix. It's not finished
> though but I will probably never finish it, for the moment I have enough
> of all the quirks of the software I'm using.

Thanks a lot for the highly interesting report, Jeremy!

The ogv-file is oddly distorted after 40-50 sec when played with
Dragon-player, in VLC there is no such distortion.

The vocals do sound astounding given the extreme manipulations you
describe. But indeed they are a bit dim. Could be considered a
style-statement if you would not have reported yourself, that this is
not intended.
Anyway, it is indeed an entirely new song and find it fascinating.

> seq24 is dead and staying with JACK 0.118.x just because of seq24 is
just plain silly.

I got jackdmp 1.9.7 here and can use Seq24 without any trouble. I do
not build it from source but use the package for KXStudio/Ubuntu Studio.

> Despite our little family growing I do hope to release more stuff in 2012.

I look forward to it especially for the background-stories ;-)

And I wish you all the best for your family-growing. I got younger kids
here too and it is indeed a great inspiration and besides, it tends to
rewind the wheel of time every once in a while ;-)
So congratulations though I have to affirm, that kids are the most
time-consuming good thing you can have.

best regards
HZN