Re: [LAU] Mic for accoustic (bass) guitar

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 13 2012 - 16:50:24 EET

On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 07:19:37PM -0500, jonetsu wrote:
> Le Sun, 12 Feb 2012 22:51:02 +0000,
> Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden> wrote :
>
> > Me too. An 1010LT has two mic inputs. So what's the point of using
> > the DI box ?
>
> Right. This calls for double-check since I wired that a few years
> ago ;-) Turns out the mic goes directly in the 10101LT and the DI box
> is used for the acoustic bass guitar built-in pick-up output. The kind
> of pick-up with bass, treble, mid controls, powered with a 9v battery.
> Sorry for the misleading description I gave previously ;-)

There's still something not OK here. An M-audio Pulsar mic requires
phantom power (30..50V). The 1010LT does *not* provide phantom power.
So how is this supposed to work ? Maybe you could provide some really
correct information, and spare us having to waste time by trying to
understands things that don't make sense, downloading specs, etc.

Anyway, a more expensive mic is not going to help if you can't obtain
good results with this one. Others may sound a bit different, but you
can probably get the same with a good parametric EQ. Moving your mic
by 10 cm will make a bigger difference than what exists between any
two decent studio mics.

Ciao,

--
FA
Vor uns liegt ein weites Tal, die Sonne scheint - ein Glitzerstrahl.