Re: [LAU] Linux 3.2.0-rt Kernels on Debian Repos!

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sat Feb 25 2012 - 14:23:12 EET

On Sat, 2012-02-25 at 07:04 +0000,
linux-audio-user-request@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> Message: 27
> Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 20:59:11 -1000
> From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
> Subject: Re: [LAU] Linux 3.2.0-rt Kernels on Debian Repos!
> To: linux-audio-user <linux-audio-user@email-addr-hidden>
>
> On 02/24/2012 08:16 PM, hermann wrote:
> > Am Freitag, den 24.02.2012, 20:05 -1000 schrieb david:
> >> And the
> >> decision
> >> to replace a "known working product" with a "flaky experimental
> >> product"
> >> makes me question their project management abilities, too.
> >
> > It seems you believe that all the work witch need to be done to make
> > project like debian alive, is done by some auto-magic ? :-))
>
> No, it's not. It's done by people, who make mistakes such as replacing
> known working product with a flaky experimental one.

Hi all :)

please, this shouldn't dwindle into a flame war.

I completely agree with David, but ...

Sometimes I get the impression that the Linux "pro-audio" users and
developers community suffer from Stockholm syndrome, since even "our
community" tend to back up that "pulseaudio" often is a good default,
while it easily could kept optional. Regarding to the NVIDIA issue I'm
perplexed. Some Linux users bought NVIDIA graphics and everything was ok
with the nv driver. It's a silly argument to say, they should buy Intel
now. Should we pollute our children planet with hazardous waste, just to
back up a mistake that easily could be corrected?

Since I'm working for childcare again I've got the money to trash my AMD
mobo and to buy an Intel mobo, but IMO this would be a paradox. Linux
should stand off a thoughtless throwaway society.

Primary components shouldn't be replaced by software that is marked as
experimental and known as not working for many users, if there's
software that's stable.

Regards,
Ralf