Re: [LAU] The Salamander Drumkit

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 29 2012 - 02:49:25 EET

Hi Alexander!
   I do pronounce the Salamabnder drumkit one of the best I've heard. But
certainly and without any doubt, the best free one!
   I like the touch with the muted cymbals!!!
   A few things of course struck me: One, which is easily fixed is the mapping.
One, which is less easily fixed and relies very much on your time, motivation
and equipment: It is the missing third tom, which would REALLY be WONDERFUL!
   the third is perhaps a problem of the sfz-format: I've been trying to see my
way clear, to allow the open-hihat (Bb) to be muted by the stomped and closed
ones (Ab and Gb). So that notes 42, 44 and 46 build a mute group, with
exclusive playing of one sound. I'm not sure, if this is part of sfz. I've
never really worked with it, since I never saw much with it and the
LS-version, which supports it has the od bug or two.
   Still, I am very much impressed and if I can at least fix the mute group
problem, I'll be sure to use it in a recording, just to see, how it does.
   Splendid work!
   Warm regards
             Julien

Such Is Life: Very Intensely Adorable;