[LAU] jack-mixer questions

From: didgewind <didgewind@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 05 2012 - 10:12:49 EET

hi there. I'm trying to set up jack mixer to be controlled with a korg
nanokontrol 2. I'm using ubuntu natty and jack mixer version from the
repositories.

First problem i'm facing is that jack-mixer uses jack midi and
nanokontrol uses alsa midi. I kind of solved it running jack with raw or
seq midi driver, running a2jmidid and connecting nanokontrol to midi
through and wrapped a2jmidid midi through to jack mixer. Don't know
whether there is an easier way.

Second problem, i can only assign midi channels when creating the input
and output channels. If I try to edit any of the channels, the name of
the channel dissapears and the midi assigns get lost. I tried to compile
jack-mixer from the scratch, but the behaviour remains the same (and now
i don't know how to uninstall jack mixer, by the way, 'cause it doesn't
show up in dpkg nor synaptic package manager).

Third problem, by default master channel is assigned to midi input 11.
That's handy sometimes, but not when u are using two different instances
of jack mixer, one to mix the instrument i am playing with the
synthetizer, routing everything to sooperlooper, and the second to mix
this output with some other music and hydrogen. In this case the same
hardware slider is moving both master channels, no handy at all.

so, any help with any question would be greatly apreciated.

--
El viento y el arcoiris guían mis pasos
http://revistavicaro.blogspot.com