Re: [LAU] Simple hardware & software for digitizing analog audio recordings

From: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 05 2012 - 10:27:24 EET

Adam wrote:
> Anything that would fit into that PCIe x16 slot or a USB port --
> I just need something that will accept line-level stereo inputs.
> I'm hoping to find something decent in the US $40-80 range, new or used.

There aren't many PCIe sound cards; the cheapest is the Xonar DX, which
is slightly above this range when new, but has an excellent ADC.

USB devices tend to cost more than comparable cards, but there are
stereo recording interfaces where you don't have to pay for 7.1 outputs
or a Dolby Digital license. Such devices would be, e.g., the Behringer
UCA202 (which is cheap) or the Roland/Cakewalk UA-1G (which is not).

Regards,
Clemens