Re: [LAU] Music made with Linux: What happened in the middle?

From: Robert Jonsson <spamatica@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 05 2012 - 23:58:15 EET

> I critique the vocals myself.  I was this close to scrapping the whole thing
> due to my dissatisfaction with them.  All the vocals were tracked on the
> 25th of Feb (the last Saturday in the month).  With more time there would
> have been some re-recording and refinement.  I didn't know the words either,
> and I know from hearing other singers, the performance is a damn site better
> if they don't need to read sing :)

Hehe, since I'm lyric impaired I don't know what you mean, I always
have to read what to sing :)

> I'm not quite sure that you mean by 'there is too much room in the
> recording'.  Could you elaborate please?

What I meant is that I can hear either echoes from the room you
recorded in or deliberately added reverb for a smaller room, either
way I think it would improve without it.
Probably you are recording in a quite small room that has poor sound insulation.

Regards,
Robert