Re: [LAU] ecasound/nama signal path queries

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 07 2012 - 01:01:35 EET

Hi James!
   As much as I'm all for Ecasound/Nama, I must agree with Paul. If you're
looking for those dub-delay effects you'd be best served with a VST-plugin, if
you can load it (for example in Ardour, if I'm not mistaken) or create such an
effect in PureData or Csound or CLM or...
   as for parallel processing it's possible in Nama, the way I do it, might
still not be the best one, but I'd use a bus and track-linking (which is
taking input from the same file:
add my_track
[get some sound into it and set it to mon, playback]
asub My_sub_bus
my_track
mtb My_sub_bus
link my_fx_copy my_track
mtb My_sub_bus
   Now you can add a lowpass filter - or non at all - toe my_track and then
have your distortion and then on my_fx_copy you could add the highpass filter
and the delay.
   Still, as much as it might pain me, for your dub-productions best stick with
Ardour - or maybe something like Renoise. I'm not sure about its total
capabilities, but it's very well suited to electric music with heaps of
strange effects. :-) the only artist from this list known to me, using
Renoise, is Atte Andre Jensen. There is another free software, which goes in
for something like it, but I can't remember it's name. The artist using it is
Vytautas Jancauskas and if I remember correctly, he's also the author of that
software.
   Warm regards
           Julien

Such Is Life: Very Intensely Adorable;