Re: [LAU] ecasound/nama signal path queries

From: James Mckernon <jmckernon@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 07 2012 - 01:09:51 EET

I use Pure Data a lot, and you're right that it could certainly handle this
kind of thing. I guess I was just hoping to find something with a different
workflow, as imo pd isn't really geared up for the kind of semi-DAW-type
work I have in mind. However, if I don't find another viable option, I may
well end up hacking something together in pd.

You're also right that Ingen is ideal for this, but the last time I used
it, I was frustrated by how unstable it seemed to be. Might give it another
go soon and see if things have improved, though.

Hadn't considered Ardour, but you're right that the same sort of thing
*could* be achieved with creative use of busses (I think?). Having said
that, it seems a little less elegant, somehow.

Thanks for the suggestions, regardless.