Re: [LAU] Hydrogen Midi Output

From: Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 16 2012 - 12:35:04 EET

On 03/16/12 11:21, Louigi Verona wrote:
> Hey guys!
>
> Trying to use Hydrogen for Midi Output. It does not work.
>
> 1. At first nothing was playing, although I saw a synth plugin receive
> midi. I then found this topic: http://hydrogen-music.org/hcms/node/1788
> 2. I then loaded the sample just so that Hydrogen would not set midi note
> to 0. Now I do get some notes, but only occasionally. Looks like some notes
> are output with duration 0 and some are not, with no apparent reason.
>
> Am I doing smth wrong here?

Hello Louigi,

According to the topic you mention:

"all h2 midi out messages will generated in dependency to the used
instrument sample. for example, if you use a instrument without a sample
you hear nothing. because note on will generated with zero velocity and
a note off follow immediately."

So it depends on the length of the used sample, more info here:
http://forum.linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2443&p=14367&hilit=zynaddsubfx#p13540

Best,

Jeremy