Re: [LAU] Simple hardware & software for digitizing analog audio recordings

From: Adam <adam707@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Mar 18 2012 - 02:24:25 EET

Adam wrote:
> From what you and others have said here, and user reviews online,
> I've ordered a Behringer UCA-202 from Amazon.

Just to follow up, I've been using the Behringer UCA-202 for a few
days now on some of my analog recordings. So far I'm quite happy
with it and would recommend it to others looking for an inexpensive
(under US $40) but decent way to digitize existing analog
recordings. The only "configuration" needed was "set AUDIODEV=hw:1"
in the terminal window I'm using for 'rec'. Thanks again for
everyone's suggestions, and especially for pointing me toward useful
tools I was totally unaware of.

Adam