Re: [LAU] Ubuntu Studio

From: Robin Gareus <robin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Mar 18 2012 - 23:08:38 EET

On 03/18/2012 08:57 PM, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hello everyone!
> I'm looking for a good audio distro for a GUI-minded friend. I
> thought, that Ubuntu Studio was the one, but we didn't really find
> something like a live-DVD for that. My question: If I'm right and it
> really is Ubuntu Studio, that I'm looking for, could someone recommend a
> good place to get a live-DVD.
> If my memory betrayed me, could someone tell me, which musically
> advanced distro I might choose instead. Kepp in mind: My friend wants a
> live-DVD to start with and he's very much GUI minded and would like
> something, that is as reliable as could be without much effort. So
> something, which will just boot - in normal cases - and might even have
> JACK running from the start would be perfect.
> I know, I could probably research all that, but I'm so out of this
> field, that it would take me ages to sift through all those GUI-heavy
> distros, which I always avoided like the devil. :-)

Hi Julien,

http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/apps/categories/linux_live

a bit off-topic, but speaking of the devil: Is above page well-arranged
in a braille reader? I suppose the left sidebar navigation might be too
dominant (if it is at the top of the page instead of at the side) Does
your browser automatically use the 'plain html access link'? I always
wondered if those '<link rel="alternate"..>' headers are good for
anything in the real-world.

Any suggestion(s) on how to improve accessibility is greatly appreciated.

best,
robin