Re: [LAU] Ubuntu Studio

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 19 2012 - 00:41:02 EET

Hi Kevin!
   Not being a developer, I still came across one other: compiler version. I
don't know, how much of teh new standard is fixed now. But there was some
trouble, because of different compiler versions in the recent past.
   With GUI apps you also have the GUI-toolkit used. Tehse seem to change quite
a bit now and again, especially, when they approach the next major versions.
Really from what I've seen, the GUI-part of tools is the least stable and most
tedious part of the matter. I have run audio software for about 12 years on
Linux now, never experiencing too much trouble and always ending up with a
rather stable system. Yet I have heard from lots of people complaining
regularly, because something in the desktop systems and GUI-toolkits is
changing and has to be reconfigured when upgrading or installing software,
which is not exactly suited to their version of the GUI-toolkit. I might be
exagerating a bit, but not much. At least not judging by the swearing I
encountered. :-)
   Kind regards
            Julien

Such Is Life: Very Intensely Adorable;