Re: [LAU] RME Multiface MIDI control

From: Giso Grimm <gg3137@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 29 2012 - 16:47:42 EEST

On 03/29/2012 02:11 PM, Michał Koziarski wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2012, at 21:33, Giso Grimm wrote:
>> On 03/27/2012 02:42 PM, Michał Koziarski wrote:
>>> I'm trying to source a used Multiface 1 to use with HDSPe ExpressCard.
>>> The manual for the Multiface says that some functions can be contolled
>>> using any MIDI controller by sending appropriate note on/off messages.
>>> I'd like to be able to select mixer presets on the Multiface with some
>>> small box with buttons.
[...]
>> (btw, I will release a collection of tools for a Linux audio concert
>> performance within the next days, which contains mididings
>> configurations for almost exactly what you need, and also a MIDI CC
>> controllable matrix mixer for the hdsp cards).

[...]
> Which might actually be what you've done already? I'd be very interested
> in trying out the tools you mention when I get my interface.

here is the mididings configuration file:

--cut from here------------------
#!/usr/bin/python

from mididings import *

def ev2print(ev):
    return "./loadpreset {0:d}".format(ev.program)

run(
    Filter(PROGRAM) >> System(ev2print),
)

This will call the shell command "./loadpreset" with the program number
of program change events as an input argument. You can put in that shell
script whatever you want. You need mididings
(http://das.nasophon.de/mididings/ from Dominic Sacré) for this to work
(this is not my work). I connected a Behringer foot switch controller
FBC 1010 as a controller.

For the rest of the tools I mentioned please give me one or two more
days... To have at least a minimal bit of documentation :-)

Giso