Re: [LAU] OT: releasing music under Creative Commons

From: Emanuel Rumpf <xbran@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Apr 06 2012 - 13:41:32 EEST

Am 6. April 2012 02:02 schrieb Kris Calabio <kriscalabio@gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 8:17 AM, Burkhard Wölfel <versuchsanstalt@gmx.de>
>> Am 03.04.2012 um 01:06 schrieb Kris Calabio <kriscalabio@gmail.com>:
>>
>> Maybe you should advertise the option to relicense cc-by-sa for
>> alternative radio stations or people publishing compilations. NC can be a
>> showstopper there.
>>
>> All the best for your band effort!
>>
>> - Burkhard
>

>  How would that be a showstopper?  Wouldn't they just need our permission?

You can leave the word "just", if asking for a different license is a
rare exception for someone.
But for entities as radio stations, playing 180 differnt artists per day -
- good luck with contacting all of them, negotiating license and
payment options.
May I suppose most of them won't ?

OTHO I wonder, how large the benefit is, for artists
who (by default) dissallows commercial use.
I tend to suspect it is very minimal in most cases (?)

--
E.R.