Re: [LAU] Complete Ardour user guide ?

From: jonetsu <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Apr 08 2012 - 23:47:52 EEST

Le Dimanche, 8 Avril 2012 21:09:46 +0100,
Harry van Haaren <harryhaaren@gmail.com> a écrit :

Hi,

> As far as I know the manual on flossmanuals.net is the most complete
> http://en.flossmanuals.net/ardour/
>
> To discover the software you'll need to install it and use it: no
> reading of manuals or otherwise will ever teach you what you can do
> with software without extensively using it.

I'm using Ardour since a few years but, when I use it, it is because I
want to record something and work on that. So I use the basic
functions to get something recorded with some mix and effects.

Sometimes some menu option catches my eye and I think hmmmm... But
limited time forces me to *do* things with music instead of exploring
software.

Hence, a full user guide that can be read ans pondered about and
studied at other odd times, bit by bit, could be useful to save time on
raw exploration.

> Perhaps if you explain what you're area of interest is, or perhaps the
> use-case you have in mind some of the users of this list could offer
> their experience.

Well, one thing that caught my eye recently is something that might be
able to save template sessions. If I think it is what it is, I could
save a setup of tracks-to-inputs. But then, what else is saved with
these templates ? Are all effects saved also ? This is a rather
mundane question after all. There are other Ardour options and
functions that might be quite interesting.

I reckon many of these have to do with basic recording techniques
(Ardour or not) which is another subject for a book ;-)