Re: [LAU] Complete Ardour user guide ?

From: Harry van Haaren <harryhaaren@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Apr 09 2012 - 00:31:02 EEST

On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 9:47 PM, jonetsu <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Hence, a full user guide that can be read ans pondered about and
> studied at other odd times, bit by bit, could be useful to save time on
> raw exploration.

Well the flossmanual provides some very good information regarding
workflows and ways to get things done. I found the 2 pages on Regions and
editing them quite useful :)

> > Perhaps if you explain what you're area of interest is, or perhaps the
> > use-case you have in mind some of the users of this list could offer
> > their experience.
>
> Well, one thing that caught my eye recently is something that might be
> able to save template sessions. If I think it is what it is, I could
> save a setup of tracks-to-inputs. But then, what else is saved with
> these templates ? Are all effects saved also ? This is a rather
> mundane question after all. There are other Ardour options and
> functions that might be quite interesting.

Saving a template is in the manual, but since it doesn't mention effects in
the manual, I think its safe enough to assume that effects aren't saved.
http://en.flossmanuals.net/ardour/ch053_saving-a-template/

HTH, -Harry