Re: [LAU] poll : Advertising vs Linux Audio

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Apr 22 2012 - 11:38:52 EEST

Hi Patrick!
   I wouldn't subscribe to either point of view really. At the right place some
sort of advertisement could be OK. For example advertising specially supported
hardware or commercial Linux software are OK.
   I think though, that in a way we already have that, not officially though.
But we mention them. For the platform more should be gained by mentioning all
these commercial products in their respective places.
   But honestly, how can advertisement on the linux audio sites promote Linux
as a platform? All those, who go there, already say, that they are interested.
If the site is well organised and they just have a clear overview of all the
hardware, they might need - not only specially supported hardware, but also
normally supported hardware -, that's a much better case. If advertisement
could be helpful somewhere, it would be outside the typical Linux audio
haunts.
   Still I don't begrudge it. I don't know, how linuxaudio.org is paid for at
the moment, but why not get some funding through that?
   Kind regards
            Julien

Such Is Life: Very Intensely Adorable;

====== Find my music at ======