Re: [LAU] poll : Advertising vs Linux Audio

From: Fred <f.rech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Apr 22 2012 - 23:31:33 EEST

> You do realise that many of the tools being produced by the Linux Audio
> Community are being used in the advertising industry which makes us all
> complicit in supporting it to start with.

Could you give examples please, my poor english can' follow here :-(
> IMO we cannot avoid that fact that advertising and marketing is a very
> crucial component to global industry which enables the corporate world to
> continue to function.
I think you got the point here....
> We should seek to manage our own channel and
> therefore the message and brand
So Linux is a brand more than a Community now ????
> rather than avoid it all together out of
> some ridiculous fear of becoming Evil. We may even make enough money in
> the process to pay some of our community members and help them to be
> productive and motivated.

Money can be made with "products", software must be free, remember ???
> If we continue to avoid the whole issue that is exactly what the "Evil"
> marketing companies and corporations would like for us to do so that they
> can have complete control over the message, brand, content and income
> stream...

They, NOW, can have complete control over their brands, not much if you
really look !

Nothing against you here, means we are discussing in a philosophical
way, aren't we ?
Fred