Re: [LAU] poll : Advertising vs Linux Audio

From: Fred <f.rech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Apr 22 2012 - 23:47:20 EEST

>>> You do realise that many of the tools being produced by the Linux Audio
>>> Community are being used in the advertising industry which makes us all
>>> complicit in supporting it to start with.
>>>
>> Makes no sense.
>>

> How do you come to that conclusion? Have you spent any time working in the
> global marketing industry? I have been working in it for around 10 years
> and currently I'm employed at the largest marketing agency in Australia
> with over AUD $1billion in annual turnover. Previously I have been
> employed at the worlds largest media company with TV channels broadcasting
> in every nation on this planet.

So, are you telling us, stupids basic users the truth of money world ???
Don't you think Linux comes from another approach of living ????
>> We may even make enough money in
>>
>>> the process to pay some of our community members and help them to be
>>> productive and motivated.
>>>
>> If there is a need for this, then start something like the Blender
>> Foundation, and make a decent plan which tells us why we need money and
>> how we think we'll gain the money.
>>
> Are you suggesting that no one round here needs money?

If I read it correctly, it was not mentionned, see 3 quotes before...
> Why do we need to create a foundation in order to generate income?

Maybe because of the FLOSS principles ???
> I have a plan and my plan involves owning the Linux Digital Media Channel.
> That is just a small part of the plan though. I'm confident that there are
> enough people in this community and the wider Linux community who will be
> interested in being part of the process that it will be successful in the
> coming years.

I have A LOTS (yes with an S because many) respect to your work for Free
IT, because your
name was one the first and very mentionned when I started to focus on
Linux. That said, and
I don't come back in respect level be sure, don't you think life made
you forget some ?
What you purpose with all that commercials is NON SENSE with FLOSS.
Please, tell us on this subject, and about your plan, please.

Fred