Re: [LAU] Issue with the priority of the sound cards using rtirq

From: Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 01 2012 - 14:17:39 EEST

On 05/01/12 12:09, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Jeremy, the bad is, that I don't have another PCIe x1 slot:(.

Ah bummer :(

>> > In my experience, restarting the script tries to raise the priorities
>> > of the threads in RTIRQ_NAME_LIST, but the ones which are already
>> > raised aren't lowered even if you leave them out of the list.
>> >
>> > Try rebooting the computer.
>> >
>> > Cheers, Pablo
> *reboot*
>
> The reboot doesn't improve anything:(.

So the output of /etc/init.d/rtirq status is the same as in the other
mail? That's really weird. The only thing I can think of is that
something else (another script?) is prioritizing stuff too (like the
nvidia and ohci_hcd processes). The steps between the priorities
strengthens my suspicion, it should be 5 but some processes do not get a
prio that can be divided by 5 (like nvidia which has prio 82). No one on
the Ubuntu Studio list encountered the same issue? Maybe Ubuntu (or
Ubuntu Studio) prioritizes processes somewhere else.

Best,

Jeremy