Re: [LAU] What Focusright firewire interfaces are fully working and currently available?

From: drew Roberts <zotz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu May 03 2012 - 22:51:49 EEST

On Thu, 03 May 2012 21:43:11 +0200, Jeremy Jongepier
<jeremy@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> On 05/03/2012 07:38 PM, drew Roberts wrote:
>> So I am looking to buy a new multi channel audio interface. Looking at
>> firewire. Of the ones I might be interested in, it seems the supported ones
>> are discontinued and the available ones are not fully supported. Does anyone
>> have any useful input?
>>
>> Looking mainly at focusrite but will look at others. I want high channel count
>> possibilities. 8+ preferably 24+ down the road.
>>
>> all the best,
>>
>> drew
>> __________
>
> Hello Drew,
>
> Happy user of a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40. Works like a charm and
> recently a lot of work has been done on getting the mixer part to
> fully work also. Haven't tried that out yet but support is almost as
> complete as it was for the good ol' Saffire Pro 10 IO.

Thanks for the report. What distro/version of things are you running?
OOTB? Custom compiles?

It is interesting that the ffado site reports:

Manufacturer:
Focusrite
Device Info on Vendor Site:
http://www.focusrite.com/products/saffire/saffire_pro_40/
Support Status:
Experimental
Support Contact(s):
ppalmers

This device is NOT supported in 2.0. It will be included in the 2.x
release that introduces DICE support. This will most likely be version
2.1.

For the Liquid Saffire 56 it reports:

Manufacturer:
Focusrite