Re: [LAU] What Focusright firewire interfaces are fully working and currently available?

From: Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu May 03 2012 - 23:17:06 EEST

On 05/03/2012 09:51 PM, drew Roberts wrote:
> Thanks for the report. What distro/version of things are you running?
> OOTB? Custom compiles?

Ubuntu 10.04. Not OOTB. I packaged my own FFADO packages but switched to
the Tango Studio FFADO packages when those came available.

> It is interesting that the ffado site reports:
>
> Manufacturer:
> Focusrite
> Device Info on Vendor Site:
> http://www.focusrite.com/products/saffire/saffire_pro_40/
> Support Status:
> Experimental
> Support Contact(s):
> ppalmers
>
> This device is NOT supported in 2.0. It will be included in the 2.x
> release that introduces DICE support. This will most likely be version
> 2.1.

I don't think there is any major distro that still ships with FFADO 2.0,
most of them use an svn checkout with DICE support. But my memory is
rusty here, I didn't really keep up with FFADO developments.

Best,

Jeremy