Re: [LAU] [Rosegarden-user] rosegarden ubuntu 12.04

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sun May 06 2012 - 11:17:13 EEST

On Sat, 2012-05-05 at 22:01 -1000, david wrote:
> I've been told that Gnome3 desktop uses 1GB RAM without running
> anything else.

AFAIK this isn't true, but when Debian updated my GNOME 2 to GNOME 3 a
long time ago, GNOME 3 and GNOME 3 in "fake GNOME 2" mode did need much
more CPU resources, than GNOME 2 did need.

Xfce4 and LXDE anyway do provide the common workflow, that is used by
studios. I guess most engineers are accustomed to a workflow similar to
KDE3, GNOME2, Win 98 se, Win XP etc..

IMO both, Xfce and LXDE are very good to use and I don't miss that much
of what I was accustomed to, when I used GNOME 2. I recommend not to use
GNOME 3.

0.02€,
Ralf