Re: [LAU] [Rosegarden-user] rosegarden ubuntu 12.04

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sun May 06 2012 - 17:30:01 EEST

On Sun, 2012-05-06 at 19:13 +0530, Rustom Mody wrote:

> Ive been running upgrading on a debian (testing) system.
> Then one day I saw the dreaded word "pulseaudio" in the list of
> proposed updates and I quickly hit the Ctrl-C. Been much more careful
> about updating/upgrading thereafter.
> So is the recommended solution to stay with xfce now and ditch gnome?

You can build the gnome-settings-daemon without pulse dependency
yourself. For me an empty dummy package pulseaudio did work for Debian
stable/testing and Arch Linux, while for Arch Linux there also is a
PKGBUILD for gnome-settings-daemon-nopulse.
Since you're using Ubuntu it's easy to build a dummy package using
equivs. If it shouldn't work you simply can reinstall the original
package. A backup also won't harm.

I prefer to stay with Xfce4 and LXDE also is ok.

Regards,
Ralf