Re: [LAU] Mission Statement

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon May 14 2012 - 09:07:46 EEST

On 05/13/2012 12:07 AM, Mike Mazarick wrote:
> Thanks, Devin!
>>> ... We have long ago lost the ability to make music on our
>>> own because we have fallen into the hole of continually tweaking and
>>> trying to make something work.

Hmm. Last few Linux audio distros I checked out didn't require tweaking.
RT kernels already configured and working. A wide variety of audio apps
installed, configured and working. Oh, I'm sorry, I did have to tweak
one thing. I had to configure my USB sound card in QJackCtl on the laptops.

Musix 3 beta does the audio end of things quite well ...

I don't blame Linux audio for what adventures I've had getting things to
work. I run Debian Sid, and even with the excellent help of Aptosid, Sid
is still a somewhat shakey foundation to build on! ;-)

--
David
gnome@email-addr-hidden