Re: [LAU] Mission Statement

From: Mike Mazarick <mazarick@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun May 13 2012 - 13:07:03 EEST

Thanks, Devin!
> > ... We have long ago lost the ability to make music on our
> > own because we have fallen into the hole of continually tweaking and
> > trying to make something work.

The first "too long" mission statement is obviously not true, because there
are many instances provided each day of people helping each other out and
many examples posted of music that people created with linux audio. It is
a caricature of this bus's destination that everyone is afraid could be the
landing place. It is not a good idea to throw people off the bus before
deciding where the bus is headed.

Linux audio is at a critical juncture that is similar to a band which has
been together for several years that has written great songs but hasn't had
a 'hit' yet. Linux audio has come a long way since the GUS soundcard, but
other solutions in the marketplace are also very good and have come a long
way too.

At this time, it is appropriate to return the roots of what we are doing and
be reminded of why we are here. It is very tough in this era of iTunes
where everyone is looking for a megahit to be reminded that it is quite fine
just to be the best you can be. It should be something worth doing,
because it will be very difficult getting there from here.

-Mike