Re: [LAU] state of jamin

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun May 20 2012 - 02:27:10 EEST

On Sat, May 19, 2012 9:54 pm, Atte André Jensen wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm about to mix a larger rock-ish project recorded in logic using
> ardour2 and thought I might wanna work a bit with jamin for mastering. I
> was a bit surprised to find (according to
> http://jamin.sourceforge.net/en/news.html) that the latest releast of
> jamin (0.95.0) was in april 2005. In aur (I'm running arch) there's a
> jamin-cvs at version 0.97.16. What's the state of the jamin project, is
> it dead, which version should I install or should I look for another
> project for mastering?
>
> Thanks in advance...

The cvs version of jamin is the latest version.

No one can be bothered to release a new package because we haven''t had
any feedback on the latest changes.

If you want to use it for your project and provide some feedback it would
be most appreciated.

The most significant change was to add the Kaiser-Bessel window algorithm
to the signal chain which provides the cleanest possible implementation of
the windowing function. Other than that there are still some issues
flagged with the compressors and limiters which no one seems to want to
fix at this stage.

YMMV.

--
Patrick Shirkey