Re: [LAU] how much is contained in the .ardour file

From: Simon Wise <simonzwise@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jun 13 2012 - 13:30:25 EEST

On 13/06/12 17:59, Atte André Jensen wrote:
> On 2012-06-13 10:33, Thorsten Wilms wrote:
>
>> Good point, but none of that applies if you tweak one fader at a time
>> via mouse. One step is either a before/after a drag, or a single mouse
>> wheel event (or cursor key).
>
> That's what I'm used to (renoise), undo is back to before the fader was grabbed.

how does renoise handle moves via midi or such? when is the fader 'grabbed' in
this case (I am assuming a midi interface without a 'touch' function). Can you
turn it off if you are using some noisy source for the midi (say you are using a
theramin or an envelop follower in another app), and you have that patched into
ardour)? or in that case is the undo function always a rather drastic undo of
the latest change, which would be that fader since it is always moving a little,
right back to when the noisy controller was linked to it.

Simon