Re: [LAU] The Infinite Repeat - Leave It All Behind

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jun 18 2012 - 12:16:44 EEST

On Mon, June 18, 2012 10:16 am, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
> Just a guitar and some vocals. One single take.
>
> http://theinfiniterepeat.com/music/the_infinite_repeat_-_leave_it_all_behind.ogg

Very nice.

I feel like you could fill up the extra 1:24 with some serious rock and a
wicked guitar solo. Maybe try a 15 second solo after the first section at
1 min to prepare the listener then after the second section launch into it
and go wild.

Lots of passion to explore in the lyrics so you could take this one quite
far :-)

> Ingredients:
>
> * A nasal voice, I got a bad cold ;)
> * A Fender Telecaster
> * Brummer's amazing Guitarix, I was sitting in front of my monitors and
> turned them up loud. WHOAW! I've heard quite a lot of tube amps in my
> life and some modeling stuff too but Guitarix is just exceptionally
> good. Just listen to how the guitar sound saturates, Guitarix really
> reacts like a real tube amp.
> * A Studio Projects B1 for the vocals. If anyone got a good tip for a
> better mic I'm all ears.
> * Rui's unbeatable Qtractor.
> * A bunch of plug-ins: Invada compressor, lv2fil, Freeverb, Calf Gate
> (to gate the spill of the guitar strumming on the vocal track), linuxDSP
> MBC2, Fast Lookahead limiter
>
> Laid down and mixed very quickly so bear with the imperfections.
>
> Best,
>
> Jeremy

Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd