Re: [LAU] Chord finder

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Tue Jul 03 2012 - 03:12:32 EEST

> Does anyone know of a (preferably command line) program to generate
> chord names from note values. I'd like to be able to type in something
> like:
>
> >> c d g
>
> and get back
>
> G major
>
> or something like that.

c + d + g = G major? ... "or something like that"? ;). Personally I
don't give a damn to the theory of harmony, however, there hopefully
isn't a CLI that answers "G major" to the question "c d g" :p.

Some sequencers provide this information. Dunno if those sequencers are
only Non-Linux-Sequencers, since I don't care about the theory of
harmony in that kind of way. However, test Rosegarden and Qtractor if
you should be able to use a GUI (no braille), perhaps one of them will
support chord detection. I suspect you already googled for a CLI able to
do this?!