Re: [LAU] Chord finder

From: immanuel litzroth <ilitzroth@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 03 2012 - 12:03:20 EEST

What do you mean "calculates chords"? Depending on which style of music a
chord
symbol like E7#9 might mean a lot of different things.
1) Hendrix style it's the archetypical position 6 chord we all come to love.
2) In jazz it's probably E7 using F minor melodic (+5) or E7 using
diminished scale.
3) For bass players it's just E7 whatever.
4) for piano players vocings might include cfg (you'd call that Csus then?)
of g#-d-g or
E-B (a good open fifth blues style)

There's no royal road to this... work through all of them in all keys...
get the sound in your
ear, not your computer! E#9 can be cfg(Csus??) c#fbf (Bm) gbd(gmajor)
(gbfd) (g minor)
and so forth. Any halfway decent book on chords and harmony will contain
several years
of study material you need to practice to be able to use, recognize and
understand.