[LAU] Sorry: Chord finder - Re: Take III

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sun Jul 08 2012 - 14:18:13 EEST

> > > thanks for speaking on behalf of all of us ralf. or perhaps on the
> > > other hand, we're grown up enough to decide for ourselves?

Accidentally I found a book some minutes ago, again pardon for another
mail, ...

... it's "BEATLES Complete Guitar Edition". Too funny, I started
learning guitar using the same book's piano edition, I couldn't find it,
but I own it and IIRC the piano edition even for guitarists is much
better. Not only that the guitar version is missing more than the piano
version (same songs, but a completely different niveau), both are also
transposed different to the original songs.

"Yellow Submarine" is missing every "unneeded" chord for the guitar
edition, but IIRC all chords are written in the piano edition and for a
childish, lovely song like this, comping
[ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comping ] is a must.

OTOH, the original "Real Book" is amazing, but IMO the idea of such
books is to remember the texts and the "musical tendency". Names for
chords are very helpful, I like them, but they're just a link to how to
play a song, as notes and tabs are too, they don't say detailed how to
play a song.

I guess it was the OP who wrote the python script naming a combination
of notes by different CORRECT names (since the notes only don't provide
this information).

In the end a command line tool still will be airy-fairy.