Re: [LAU] Sorry: Chord finder - Re: Take III

From: immanuel litzroth <ilitzroth@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jul 08 2012 - 14:39:50 EEST

Most of the beatles transcriptions I've seen out there are close to
worthless
with the notable exceptions of
1) The Complete Scores --- white book by Hal Leonard which has most
everything
and is at least good enough for a basis for e.g. playing in a group and
tries to get
capo's and retunings correct
2) The Beatles to a Tee: http://www.to-a-tee.tv/
well researched, concerned with the guitar parts on about 1/3 of the beatle
catalogue.
Goes into questions of tunings, variable speed recording etc..
3) This guy is doing a fantastic job at transcribing mostly the vocal
harmonies of the
beatles but some other stuff too: http://www.youtube.com/user/imcarrying

All the rest is useless... Yellow submarine in Gb -- really?