Re: [LAU] [OT] GNOME UI

From: Simon Wise <simonzwise@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jul 14 2012 - 07:27:18 EEST

On 13/07/12 09:40, Rustom Mody wrote:

> Then one day I find all the windows stuck in the left corner with the
> buttons inaccessible.

that happened to me once ... the package maximus messed with configurations it
shouldn't have ... assuming the DM was either Gnome or KDE, then failed to
change it back with a purge. It was very hard to fix, since after the purge I
had no idea what had been reconfigured and not restored, there were no clues in
the package, but it was some Gnome configuration that had been set up by maximus
to change the Gnome desktop behaviour and was a disaster without Gnome running.

simon