Re: [LAU] OT: Chord finder

From: Funs Seelen <funsseelen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 17 2012 - 15:57:19 EEST

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 2:21 PM, Ralf Mardorf
<ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net> wrote:

> Hehe, I'm a guitarist.

Me too.

> How many guitars do you know that are completely
> clean to the octave, 0 and 12 fret, while the temperament is as wanted
> for anything between fret 0 and 12?

When intonated well all of them are:

2^(12/12) == 2

but the perfect 5th and the major 3rd aren't:

2^(7/12) < 1.5
2^(4/12) > 1.25

http://student-kmt.hku.nl/~funs/examples.html

The interval C-B# isn't an octave, but an augmented 7th, although this
is set equal to C-C' for practical reasons, but now I feel am starting
to repeat what I wrote in the premier thread.

>> Where did you get my family picture? :p
>
> Sorry, here in the madhouse we only have limited access to the Internet,
> we're only allowed to face people with similar handicaps :p as we've
> got.

You mean the house for overactive mailinglist contributors spending a
lot of time just making their point? That's where they're trying to
put me as well. It seems they force you to go outside there and
breathe fresh air..