Re: [LAU] Get on Board the Blues – Guicussion Mix

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Tue Jul 17 2012 - 16:37:36 EEST

On Tue, 2012-07-17 at 08:08 -0400, Paul Davis wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 7:59 AM, Ralf Mardorf
> <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-07-17 at 07:41 -0400, Dave Phillips wrote:
> > On 07/17/2012 06:29 AM, Julien Claassen wrote:
> > > ... So where's the party four to the floor mix? I'd love
> to do it,
> > > just for the hell of it, but my MIDI setup is still
> flakey.
>

> I didn't follow this thread, however, "four to the floor"
> isn't bad per
> se. The averaged Samba kick is similar, but instead of "Boom"
> it's
> "Boomboom".
>
> if i was moderator for LAU, this comment would result in me removing
> you from the list, permanently. it would be unjust, but righteous.

PS: Imagine bin men would go on strike for 2 years and music theorist +
computer nerds would do the same. What do you guess would have more
impact to our lives? And what's the reason that 4 to the floor is that
much wanted by the audience? Most people are mistaken, but you or the
majority of LAU know the truth? Having a dream IMO is ok, but to diss
people with other ways of thinking, other dreams IMO is lame.
While I prefer something near to Katz myself, I have to honor other
people and that I'm a freak. Nearly nobody likes music mastered like
this, the audience prefers the loudness war. For intellectual music it's
similar. I prefer deviations to the main stream, perhaps much more than
you do, but reading all that dogmatic statements I can't resist to nag.